Monday, January 1, 2007

♪.....Dance with me ♪

I've been approached on several occasions to start a blog........never thought it was anything I'd fancy until I got hooked on my facebook notes, and I thought Hmmmm, blogging wouldn't be so bad.....Shouldn't hurt to share a good story, while possibly brightening someone's day.

<------------So here goes, who I have come to be, and how it all started------------->

One lovely or boring night {However you choose to see it} in september 2005, a bug bit me. A shopping bug that craved Nigerian designers so bad it got me to walk about 20 steps to what I call today my personal window to the universe - My maccie! {iBook G4}I began.....furiously abusing my keyboard googling "Nigerian designers" using every internet extension known to man {.co.uk, .co.kr, .co.jp, .ca} to no avail. I found no website where I could even purchase a bobby pin to at least satisfy this craving..........THEN it hit me!....that I just may have to satisfy my craving...even if I had to go out of my way to do research and find any designer on the surface of this earth!!.....HauTe was born, HauTe - Fashion Nigeria Magazine, now Nigeria's foremost fashion magazine: It's a 100+ page fashion magazine. It features the works of Nigerian designers all around the world. Exhibiting a taste for the cultural tempered with an appreciation of the varied degrees of influence by the west in today's fashion. HauTe has a commitment to be the platform profile for Nigerian designers as an exposure in the fashion world, Indeed my journey has began, it has exposed me to alot of wonderful opportunities, people and I'm inviting you to share with me the joy, happiness, anxiety, depression that comes with the life of being an editor :)

13 comments:

Bella Naija said...

Happy New Year!!!!!
I am LOVIN' your blog...
tht dress looks beautiful!
lookin forward to more...
Ciao

GRegwar's Revenge said...

Dammie, you inspire me. I amazed at how you can transform a craving into 'Nigeria's foremost fashion magazine'.

Anonymous said...

lil devil!!kewl blog u got ere....am proud of u hun,u never dissapoint me n plzz lets leave it dat way yea!!!
much luv
bunmi-opzz

Dammie said...

LoL, Happppy new yearr, Bella belle!!.....I love ur blog too {lol}.....and THANKS!!

Osione darling, I couldn't have done it without you!! *smooch*

Barbieeeee, LoL *muah*

Mercedes said...

That last picture was taken at my house. LOL!!!!!!!! Anyho, COUGIE!!! U r extremely on point and an insporation to us all, and I am just not saying that.

Dammie said...

LoL, Cougie!!!

Awwwww, Thanksss bubu.....U r just as inspirational, and u know it!!...heheheh we rock!!

XxKizzesxX

t said...

Hi,
My sister wants to do some of the same things. I sent her your blog address bcos if you get together and talk, it will be ON.
Beautiful blog so far. Good luck!!!

Dammie said...

No problemo!...Will watch out for her, Thanks!

XxKizzesxX

Anonymous said...

Hmmn my fav sis!!i am so happy you are living up to the family name.....no fools in our family,we r all bout success and thats the exact path you are on sweetie and may God give you the strength and drive to go places!!!am proud of ma sis*muah*!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

And yea i must say.....The Carl Max in u is coming out....lol governmet teacher Mr Olabintan will be proud of u....lol

Anonymous said...

Hmmn dammie intresting blog...dats why the brits are different from yankies dat yakyakyak..lol,brits r very diplomatic........if it not No Comments,it will be Ill Get back to you on that...lol........well we all are learning!wow dint knw u got dat book,tosin has it aswell n av read few...very few pages.lol

Restless Dreamer said...

ALLO DER!!! mademoiselle,
you my friend are officially CRAZY!!!! its funny cuz u were always this quiet little girl with a bit of a bad side. haha i was miss goody 2 shoes (atleast dats wat i want to remember) but dats all not the point. i g2 say U MOVE ME!!! lol power to u woman. Im damn PROUD to say we grew up 2gether.
MUCH LOVIEES to my sister from another mister. lol yah i kno i can be rather stupid :P xoxoxoxo

Dammie said...

LoL, Psychorama!!!!

XxMuahxX